Monday 2 August 2010

Why does going on holiday make me forget how to do stuff when I come back?

Spent a large part of today reading and commenting on a draft PhD chapter.

As a supervisory team we agreed to keep drafts and comments in one safe place: at Adobe Buzzword.

This is a free site that allows authors to share/co-author and make comments online. It is pretty easy to use, but having been on 3 weeks leave, I couldn't for the live of me work out how I'd put things on there last time. It took a cup of tea and half an episode of Murder She Wrote (I'm on location independent working!) to jog my memory. Now fully conversant with the site - until next time I go on some leave...

Also while having this morning's tea break (I am working honestly!) listened to the BBC radio 4 programme The Graduate

Sarfraz Manzoor follows a year in the life of six graduates from Leeds University and Leeds Metropolitan University as they try to secure their first job.

I would recommend this for anyone wanting to know what it's really like looking for a graduate job.

No comments:

Post a Comment