Thursday 10 June 2010

One hundred years of solitude - and files


Okay so who thought location independent working was a good idea? Having brought home loads of essential files from my campus office, to work on over the summer, I now have a bit of a space issue in my home office.

Something will have to be condemned to the archive in the loft. I had just steeled myself to banishing files that go back more than three years (yes I do have a hoarding problem), when I received an email from a student I supervised in my previous job. She was hoping I might have a copy of her dissertation report from 2001(? certainly pre- 2003 as that's when I moved to Coventry).

This was an interesting and very memorable project: a discursive study on people's views of xenotransplanation. I still refer to it every year in at least one lecture, but I can't remember the last time I laid eyes on the report.

Rehena - I'm going up the ladder for a look in the loft: I may be some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment