Thursday 3 June 2010

Delighted with feedback on our psychology project book

Delighted to receive from our publisher today, some of the feedback she's had on our book:



“an invaluable student guide for dissertations; especially for students who lacked confidence in research methods (and many do). It makes my job easier as rather than me having to explain the same point to 8 different students I can refer them to this text for guidance throughout the project work process.”
Leeds Trinity


“easy to read, clear, concise, supportive and useful to students at levels 2 and 3 of an undergraduate degree programme. For some students it really is like having your supervisor there 24:7 because many of the questions about dissertations can be addressed by a quick check of this book.”

Leeds Trinity


“One student said it was like being able to take their supervisor home for the weekend!”

Leeds Trinity


“like having a reassuring tutor in your pocket style!”
Glasgow Caledonian
“A how to’ guide, and as such very useful. … also useful from a supervisors point of view, because a lot of stuff which I have to keep saying again and again are explained clearly in this book”

Stirling
“I would recommend it to students because it is relevant, accessible, and it would save me having to cover a lot of basic background stuff to doing a project.”
Stirling
“seems to sum everything I try to say to them when they come to see me individually.”
Bournemouth
“The most accessible for students I have yet seen. It focuses on final year u/g students and doesn’t try to cover starting Masters or Doctoral level theses.”
Bournemouth
“book would enhance substantially the quality of virtually all students’ projects if they used it as either a step-by-step guide to undertaking a project or as a reference to consult as they come across problems”
Bolton
“Personally, I think this one is the best; simple as that”
Chester
“I have found it very difficult to criticise. The approach taken by the authors gives the impression that the book has been aimed at students who want to do their best.”

Student at Chester
“Overall, I am very impressed with this book and have personally recommended to some of my fellow students”
Student at Chester
ISBN-10: 0273715569
ISBN-13: 978-0273715566

No comments:

Post a Comment