Tuesday 1 February 2011

Not the best day ever...


The day started badly when I turned up to give a guest lecture and found that the room had changed without my knowing.  A colleague, who left for a new post recently, had neglected to mention that the room for my two guest spots had changed.  Embarrassing exit from the room I had set up my presentation in, several phone calls later and a chance meeting with one of the students in the corridor... eventually turned up to the new room to find that all but one of the students had left - v. frustrating.

Then got some horrible news at lunch time about the health of one of my valued research collaborators - which put things in perspective somewhat.  We are all thinking about her and wishing her the best for the tough few months she's likely to have ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I am gutted. I've spent the last week or so not really knowing what to do with myself. Now am just hoping that all turns out well (or as well as it can).

    Sorry to hear about the guest lecture. What a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete