Wednesday 28 July 2010

Post holiday blues

Third day back at work after three weeks leave and only getting around to a blog entry now - standards are slipping...

Been busy with the usual minor backlog that develops when away from the office for any length of time, though with one novel variation.

Having cleared everything I thought I needed from my old office to start location independent working, I have had access to it revoked (didn't do anything bad to get punished - this is just how the LIW pilot study works - to see how we cope when we really can't get in to our old boltholes). Of course what I had forgotten is that we have students on the books who don't follow the traditional October to June academic year. A student I am supervising for her dissertation is doing our Graduate Diploma. As, unlike all the usual diss students she and her colleagues submit their reports in late summer, she needed a vital document regarding the ethical approval for her study. As luck would have it, this was still filed away in my old office - oops... Problem now solved thanks to the good clerical discipline of my colleague Andy Johnson who chairs the ethics committee.

Most of my time since returning has been spent dealing with email enquiries, and writing lots of references for current students and this summer's graduates, but I've also done one or two more interesting things:

Agreed to teach narrative analysis to second year trainee clinical psychologists next academic year.

Checked the proofs for an article that should come out in the next few months.

Now hoping to get back into the swing of writing again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment